National Safety Council’s four-hour Online Defensive Driving Course Connecticut (DDC-CT) is approved by the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles to satisfy the requirement to attend an Online Operator Retraining Program.
About the Program
Motorists must attend if they are:
- 24 or younger with two convictions involving either moving or suspension violations
- 25 or older with three convictions involving either moving or suspension violations
Failure to attend a retraining class will result in driver’s license suspension. If the license is suspended, removal of the suspension will occur only after the DMV receives confirmation from NSC that you have completed the course.
Please complete the online class at least two weeks prior to your effective date of suspension to allow time for processing to CT DMV.
National Safety Council is not responsible for drivers completing the incorrect program. After clicking New Student, please verify your information is correct on the registration screen before proceeding to take the course.
For Information About Your Driving Record
- Visit the CT DMV website, or see page 35 of the CT Driver’s Manual (available in English or Spanish) for information on who must retrain. (Adobe Reader is needed to view the manual.)
- Call the CT DMV at (800) 842-8222 (in CT only) or (860) 263-5720
Why Choose National Safety Council?
- Nobody knows driver safety training like the people who pioneered it more than 50 years ago. NSC created the first defensive driving course in 1964 and has been the leader in driver safety training ever since. Soon approaching 75 million drivers trained.
- The most important job of any driver is safety. The National Safety Council, together with Safety Serve, offers the nation’s most respected and highly rated online defensive driving course.
- NSC Defensive Driving Courses are trusted by more traffic safety courts, motor vehicle departments, municipalities, businesses, government agencies and driving schools nationwide for consistent quality and content.
- NSC Defensive Driving Courses are designed and written with the assistance of a select group of devoted highway traffic safety trainers and related specialists who volunteer their time and talents to the research, development and updates of the Defensive Driving Courses. You know you are getting the best.